These are so good your kids won’t mind eating their broccoli and may even start asking for it! I have been making these for my daughter since she was about 8 months old. They were a big hit with her, my husband and me . . . Broccoli bites. . . who knew? I made these as a side with dinner tonight and my little one ate two! That never happens, normally she picks at her food like a little bird.
I highly recommend you give these a try for your picky eaters. They are easy to make and very tasty. I bet that your have the ingredients in your kitchen right now so why don’t you go ahead and whip up a batch?
1 bag frozen broccoli florets
1 c italian seasoned bread crumbs
1.5 c sharp cheddar cheese
- Set oven to 375 with oven rack in the middle
- Cook broccoli according to instructions, drain and cut until no large pieces remain
- Combine cut broccoli, bread crumbs, cheese and eggs in a large bowl by hand until all ingredients are well incorporated
- Lightly oil baking sheet with olive oil
- Take a small handful (1-2 tbsps) of the mixture and pat out into a circle on the baking sheet. The thinner you pat them out the crispier they will be
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Turn each patty and then bake for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on how dark/cripsy you like them
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before enjoying
Recipe from: Wholesome Babyfood
I have found that these freeze very well. I just pop them into the toaster oven or the microwave when I need to heat them up. I would advise that you cook them lighter if you are planning to freeze and then reheat in the toaster oven to avoid burning. Please let me know how you like them by leaving a comment below.