I have to be honest, I am pretty much obsessed with this breakfast quinoa – I made a batch on Sunday and ate it for breakfast every day this week. Seriously it is that good! The fact that it is healthy and a huge time-saver if you prep a batch for the week like I did makes it even better.
1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I use Silk)
1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (Bob’s Red Mill is great)
1/3 cup slivered almonds (you can find these in the baking section)
2 tbsp brown sugar (you can add more if you prefer it a bit sweeter)
- In a strainer rinse quinoa under running water
- Add rinsed quinoa to almond milk in a pot, cover and bring to a boil. You will want to keep an eye on this since it can boil over very quickly…I learned this lesson the hard way
- Once boiling reduce to a simmer for 15- 20 mins until fully cooked
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork
- Stir in coconut, slivered almonds and brown sugar
Serves 6 (3/4 cup servings)
Calories per serving ~ 220
That’s it! Super easy right? I can’t wait to hear how much you love this recipe.